Those of you who know me well know that I'm not so good at change unless I'm the one planning it. I love to plan new things and changes in my life but when my plans get changed without my "permission" I kind of get crazy. Yes, I do know this about myself and yes, I try to work on it but at the end of the day it's kind of how God made me and He loves me this way even if no one else does! One thing that I am getting better at though is when God changes my plans. Update: I'm no longer moving in to the uptown apartment previously posted about. I will be moving in with my coworker/friend Elizabeth. She owns a house north on 75 and it will be a great situation for a while. I'm just looking at it as short-term but it will allow me to work toward financial freedom in 2009 (woohoooo!). It will also save on gas since we can carpool – bonus! Last week God dropped something completely unexpected on my lap and then sat back and watched how I am going to deal with it. He knows my heart is to be out of debt soon and I know it will honor Him to see me make some sacrifices to make that happen. My debt is insignificant but the Lord has put other desires on my heart that I want to be able to use my money for and paying off silly things is not one of them. Most of my friends are at a point where they are squeezing to make ends meet or to make the biggest monthly payment possible on their debt and I think it's just a crazy place that we've let ourselves get into. I didn't want to make it worse by moving into an apartment that I can definitely afford but would have to decrease my monthly debt payments to make everything happen. What sacrifices can you make to get out of debt sooner? And finally – it will be fun living with Elizabeth since she's fabulous. Oh also those of you who know me well will think this is funny. She has an INDOOR DOG. Eeeeek!
Tuesday, August 05, 2008
changes
Melissa Tuesday, August 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (RSS)

3 Responses:
Changes, but good ones indeed... This arrangment sounds right... even thought it wasn't initally what you were expecting or planning, you rolled with it just fine!
I am happy for you even though you won't be at the J@NE apartments any longer (Hollywood left too)... you'll have to come back and visit the a"party"ment pool sometime though!
The Lord will be honored by your sacrifices, Melissa. And sacrifices indeed, a roomate and a dog!! Wow. Seriously, this is huge!!
I'm proud of you Mel. It is going to feel soooooo good to get things paid off - you'll end up with more money for fabulous apartments in the long run :) I can't wait to hear all about it when I see you in a few weeks!!
Post a Comment