As I was getting ready this morning and listening to my good friend Robin Meade on CNN HLN Morning Express talk about the horrible tornados that occurred last night I found myself wondering what I would grab if I had to leave in a hurry expecting to return and have lost everything.
This is what I came up with.
- Papa's chair (assuming I get it back from the upholstering peeps...is it weird that I am dying to call them and check on it? Here is how that call would go: "Hi, my name is Melissa Allen and I left my chair there over the weekend to be reupolstered. I know it won't be done for two to three weeks and its only been 4 days but I just wanted to check on it" "Well, ma'am, I'm sure we have it here and it is sitting there waiting to be worked on. Not much activity." "Um, ok. You're sure it's ok? Does it look lonely?" And that is why I haven't called...don't want them to check me into Stewart & Lynda Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UCLA to be roommates with Britney.)
- My box 'o photos. Priceless. Most were taken with a 35mm from early college.
- My piano music. Some of it is my mom's but most of it is mine from growing up and has notes from my piano teachers and which piece I played at which recital or competition.
- Purse. Goes without saying. Would incude my cell phone, wallet, and keys.
- An armful of books. My NIV bible in my spain leather cover (has many many notes/thoughts/comments written in it), journal, spain journals, high school yearbook, spain and highschool scrapbooks, and any book not easily replaceable. (So I'm assuming that I'll be able to carry a LOT of books!)
*don't worry folks my external hard drive (home of all of my pictures and music) lives at work in my work bag so it would be safe!
What would you take?

5 Responses:
as long as i have my ears and my cell phone, i'm okay!!
the tornadoes were horrible and hit SO close to home. scary stuff.
The picture I have in my head of the face you made when you were carrying your Papa's chair out to the car the other day made me giggle a little...but it is most definitely worth taking!!! I'll have to think about what I would take...and that's what I will do as I sit in my staff meeting this afternoon.
Hey love! Good to see you on here!!!! Good blogs!
Hmmm...I would probably take my purse (same reason as yours) and I think that is about it - I'm surprisingly not too addicted to stuff. Yeah, I say that until you try and take something from me....
We missed you at SPIN this weekend!
Since I've had time to think about it I would take my purse so that I could continue to be a phone answerer, one of my t-shirt blankets - probably my high school one, and my last journal (it's full of sketches and ideas) That's probably it. Wait, if it happened right now I would take the chocolate chip cookies that are in the pantry. A person needs sustenance in a crisis :)
Post a Comment