Would we really boycott the Olympics this summer in China? Would it really make an impact? What about those whose Olympic hopes would be crushed? But what if we could really make an impact, wouldn't that be much more important?
Thus bringing me full circle...would we really boycott the Olympics?
Monday, March 17, 2008
olympics in peril?
Melissa Monday, March 17, 2008
Labels: news
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (RSS)

5 Responses:
Good topic! This is such a toughie - I think that China was an odd choice to host the Olympics given their disregard of human rights. My instinct is to ignore the Olympics this year (though it does suck for the athletes). But what difference would that make when probably half of the things I own and buy are "made in China?" And they say that China's economy of exports is the only thing that lets slivers of light and capitalism into the people's lives. It's a conundrum!
Hey. I got your message, but I haven't had a chance to call back. It will be a few days. I have been pretty busy with work and my dad. Chris' dad went into the hospital on Friday, but he is doing fine. Talk about overloaded!! Hey...I have a blog site now!!!
Oooooh! Hi friend!!! I didn't know you were on here, but I'm sure glad to see you!!!! I want to read all your posts so I can catch up with you. I think living in DC would be great for a while...so much excitement!
I've been thinking about this a lot (my environmentalist fiance makes me) but I think Shan pretty much covered my thoughts in her comment above. Aren't we lucky to have such a smart friend?
Post a Comment