Tuesday, July 15, 2008

raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens

Sooooo the big day has come!! I received the package from Christian over the weekend! The delay was due to some crazy work travel and the disorganization of my apartment complex. Somehow they lost the master key to our apartment and couldn't get in to deliver the package…huh?? How does that happen? What if they needed to get into the apartment that they own to fix something or what if there was an emergency?? But, I digress… Christian sent me some fabulous candies from a local candy shop on the west coast. Who doesn't love a box of chocolates? Also the package included some cute girly stationary that she designed online – perfecto! And finally a fabulous lip gloss from Bath & Body Works – you know the ones with a hint of color and the yummy peppermint flavor….mmm! I love lip gloss! This was a fun thing to participate it for sure. Next year Shannon and I are going to work on our presentation and make it all cute like the pictures from the Swap flikr site.

As I mentioned – I've been traveling a lot for work and for fun. Here are some highlights:

  • The PANPHA conference in Hershey, PA. I was also able to meet Kenzi for a fun dinner while I was in the area.
  • Market visit in Atlanta with my boss Devin and my coworker Andrea. (We stayed in Marietta: Home of Megan Cosgrove)
  • MACKENZIE & EDDIE'S WEDDING!! There will be a blog coming up with stories and pictures of the reception. Fun was had by all!
  • Three day work conference at the Four Seasons in Las Colinas. Let's just say that I love the Four Seasons, it's pool, and it's spa. Work conferences can be fun!

And last but not least on Saturday night we had a fun surprise party for Rachel's birthday. Rachel is a fabulous friend and I don't know what I'd do without her dry humor, wit, friendship, and general amazingness. Here are a couple of pictures of the party! Enjoy!










2 Responses:

Brighter Sunshine said...

ooh fun stuff you received, how exciting!
i on the other hand haven't gotten anything yet. hmmm?!

Jen said...

Where do you think we would meet for lunch? I'll tell ya. Juliet is not a girl who enjoys a leisurely drive. We did swim lessons in Colleyville (about 30 minutes away) and it was a test of my sanity. I would love to try, though. You just might have to drive a bit to meet us. Have any ideas? Oh, and I also have next week off. We could also do a date just you and me.