The team after their well deserved and earned victory
Finalmente! Spain has won the 2008 Euro Cup! For those of you who know absolutely nothing about soccer here are some tidbits:
- The EuroCup occurs every four years opposite the World Cup (which means EuroCup 2004 – World Cup 2006 - EuroCup 2008 – World Cup 2010 and so on)
- Spain had not even played in a final game much less won in 44 years
- The King and Queen of Spain were in attendance at the game and shook hands with both teams alongside the prime ministers of Spain and Germany
- The Prince of Spain (Filipe) and his wife were at the semifinal game on Thursday. He got married when I lived in Spain in 2004 and it was one of the coolest experiences. Ask me about it sometime.
- Spain beat Italy in the quarterfinal game – first victory for Spain over Italy in a major competition in 88 years (since the 1920 Olympics)
Here are various other reasons I love soccer and you should too:
Fernando Torres (scored Spain's tourney winning goal yesterday, plays for Liverpool in the English Premier League)
David Beckham (no explanation needed)
Landon Donavan (LA Galaxy)
Christiano Ronaldo (Portugal, plans for Manchester United in the English Premier League - may be traded to Real Madrid this year. I don't even think I can tell you how happy that would make my heart.)

2 Responses:
oh bless you, BLESS YOU for a soccer post with a few hotties included! did i ever tell you i was about 5 ft from david becks in LAX airport this past april? my gosh, gorgeous!
didn't get to catch the game but my parents have it on DVR so i need to go ahead and watch it soon!
on a side note... can't wait to see how our people like the stuff we sent for the SWAP and even more excited to see what we recieve... my girl lived in NY, NY. we shall see!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you! You made my day! I thought the best part would just be getting some mail, but I loved your favorite things! With four kids, indulgences are few and far between for me so a new book, mag, movie, girly lip-gloss, and comfy socks are all so cool to recieve! Thank you again, and I just hope you also enjoy your package!
Post a Comment