This week started a new trend - Rachel and I began leaving our respective apartments (condo for more-responsible-than-me-Rachel) at 6am and meeting on the Katy Trail to run together and start our days off with a bit o' cardio. To be honest with you though it's embarassing how quickly I've lost all of the hard work and training I had accomplished this spring. Remember the months of January through April when I was running 20 -30 miles a week to train for my half marathons? Well, those days are gone. Although I ran my most recent half just over a month ago I've almost completely lost my mileage. Meaning that when I went out to run on Tuesday morning I had to stop just short of two miles and walk for a bit before finishing my 3.5 mile route. Luckily though Rachel and I have the same running habits and she's gotten out of shape too. We're good running partners because neither of us are morning people so while we do chat a bit we're both also perfectly content to run side-by-side in silence while our workout playlists are blasting away in our earbuds. We also run the same pace and have the same running goals. In summary: I love running in the mornings and I love good friends!
Thursday, June 12, 2008
my mornings
Melissa Thursday, June 12, 2008
Labels: running
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (RSS)

2 Responses:
congrats on getting up so dang early and starting your day off right! i used to work out in the mornings, and honestly... you feel better all day knowing that you've already gotten in your workout!
sooo, im tres excited today bc i got my swap person! did you get yours? im making a list of things i want to send - thinking this was quite the fabulous idea!
Superstar! Way to get back out there! I'll do that too... soon!
Post a Comment