10 points if you get the title movie reference (WITHOUT googling it) What is right, and good, and true? Believing in the Lord and seeking to follow Him I say that He is the answer to this question. Recently I've had some pretty disheartening discussions with people who don't agree with Christianity, Christians or anything having to do with the Christ (ok, they probably all love Christmas). I have to wonder though – by completely closing off any thoughts that Christianity maybe true aren't we being just as ignorant as the Christian who ignores Christ and what He was all about? To lump Christians into one category is to say that all Starbursts taste the same. I can tell you with 100% confidence that the red Starbursts are a million times better than the yellow ones. I like to think I'm a pink Starburst or maybe an sometimes an orange. Pink Starbursts don't have it all together because, let's face it, they're not red, but they do strive toward redness (aka. perfection) and try to distance themselves as far away from yellow as possible. OK – enough about all of that, hopefully you see that we (collectively, Christians) are different. We're all flawed and completely messed up, but there are those who seek after Christ, to be more like Him, and those who ignore Him and everything He represented. While this as much completely disheartening as it is true – it can also bring us hope. Hope that there are those who are genuine and seeking after the Lord. Hope that not all Christians represent those who we have encountered in our past that left us with a horrible picture of Christ. Hope that having a solid belief may actually be right. What is the point of belief without conviction that it is right and good and true? If you say that you are "open minded" and that people can believe whatever they want but then openly show your disgust for Christianity, aren't you therefore just as "close minded" as those you profess to detest? Let me know if I'm missing something or if it really is the same thing. I don't profess to have it all together. Half of the time I walk through my relationship with God just as confused and bewildered as anyone else, but I know with 100% certainty that He is there and that He loves me (specifically me, not "us" as Christians, but specifically me) more than I can imagine and yearns for me to follow Him and therefore live life abundantly. It may not be abundant in the social norms of today's materialistic American society, but it will be abundant with joy. What more could you ask for?
Wednesday, June 04, 2008
What we hold to be right, and good, and true IS right and good and true for all men.
Melissa Wednesday, June 04, 2008
Labels: Frustration
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (RSS)

0 Responses:
Post a Comment